Friday 28 January 2011

The "Everything Wristlet" Experience - Part 3

Now , it is time to finish this lovely purse.
Here is a picture of the matched and pinned top folded edges of the exterior and the lining:
I only machine stitched the long front and back sides, because it is to difficult to make a nice , clean turn for the short sides, where the center pocket is attached.
The front was easy:
The back was more difficult . I took the stitches out at least 3 times, before I had a straight line where I wanted it.
I finished the side seams by hand, using an (almost) invisible stitch.
 As a finishing touch, I added a beautiful removable brooch.
Here is my stylish evening clutch:
This everything wristlet is worth the effort.
Kristien



2 comments:

  1. Wow. You do beautiful work! And the bag is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences making this bag. They have been a great help to me as I make mine (nearly done now-- yay!). And your fabric choices are so inspiring-- I think I may have to make another one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the photos and information. I am in the process of making the bag and was just searching for further information on putting the bag together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...