Saturday 25 June 2011

My Key keeper Coin Purse - Part 1

Is the bottom of your handbag also a mess?
To make it easier to find my lipstick, mirror etc, I made the little purse out of Amy Butler's recent book: Style Stitches.
My fabric choice: for the exterior panel I used Ephemeral Antiquity from Michael Miller fabrics; the fabric for the band is from the paradise collection from Artgallery fabrics and for the lining I used a soft pink Liberty fabric, which is no longer available I think.
I started with the exterior part.
In step 4 on p. 96 I stitched only 1 cm from the folded edge, because I always use a 1 cm seam allowance. So, this way I was shure the band would fit properly.

The panel is folded in half RS together and stitched 2.5 cm down, 1 cm from the folded edge.
 Here , the band is placed on the main panel, RS together.
After edge stitching.
I made the second exterior panel in a similar way.
Then I constructed the lining in the same way , but added a pleat on the bottom edge as advised. The pocket was easy to make and basted to one of the main lining panels.
Here is the result:
 The main parts are now ready to be assembled, with a zipper in between.
More about that in my next post.
Enjoy the weekend.
Kristien

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...