Sunday, 23 October 2011

A babyquilt in progress

One of my nieces gave birth to a baby boy. As a present, I am making a baby quilt, not only to use as a bedcover but one that can also be used as a playmat.
I found my inspiration in 2 books.
This is the first one:

I used this quilt as a guide:
I reduced the size.
The "making of" is very clearly explained.
Fabrics: for the quilt top I used Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I chose the softer, pastell prints.
For the background I took a plain off-white cotton.
For the quilt backing I used a lovely citrine cotton fabric from Free Spirits.
Here is a tiny preview:

The true colour is hard to capture on film. The backing is far brighter than you see in the above picture.

This is a better resemblance, but in real time it is more sparkling lemon green-yellow. I love this fabric.
In this book:
 I found my finishing touch: that little extra which makes the quilt special. I will tell and show you more about it once the quilt is completely finished.
In the mean time I made the quilt sandwich: quilt top - wadding - quilt backing, which is now ready to be quilted.
This is it for today.
Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...